Sunday 10 October 2010

The Day We Tackled Climate Change

I have just read on Freewheeler's blog  that today was The Climate Change Day Of Action. No, I didn't know either. Apparently Waltham Forest's newsletter ran an article on this.


The article is reprinted in Freewheeler's article, and I must say it contains some superb advice.


Firstly, that the easiest way to participate is to have a low carbon Sunday lunch - which sounds like they are asking you not to burn it. But apparently it is asking us to source locally grown food, use the leftovers and so-on.  Now, call me cynical, but the easiest thing to do may not be the most effective thing to help combat climate change. If climate change could be reversed by everyone making bubble-and-squeak on the Monday from Sunday's leftovers, I doubt Sir David King would have had cause to say that "climate change is the most severe problem we are facing today".


But anyhow, what did climate change action day look like in my corner of the world as I cycled from Walthamstow to Stamford Hill?


Tottenham Hale Gyratory

A503, Seven Sisters

Hoe Street, Walthamstow


Maybe they were all out sourcing local produce for their Sunday lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment