Saturday 28 August 2010

Roll Call of (Dis)Honour

I would like to take time out to thank those drivers today who made my journeys by cycle just that little bit less enjoyable than it might have been.

Firstly, I would like to thank the owner of the old black Audi TT that helpfully sounded his horn a couple of times as he sped past. Since the road was wide, and there was loads of room to overtake, I assume this wasn't done in frustration, but as a helpful notification that I was about the be passed by an idiot driving way above the 30mph speed limit in a cast-off hairdressers car. Still, the driver could remain anonymous as he had fitted illegal privacy glass - it must take a certain special narcissism to believe everyone might want to look at him.

Secondly, I would like to mention the owner of the silver mini-car / shopping cart thing that pulled out directly into my path near Bakers Arms. Clearly not a multi-tasker, as he didn't seem able to hold a conversation with a mobile clamped to his ear and look for traffic at the same time.

But lastly, a very special mention should be given to the owner of some old red family hatch crap-wagon that undertook a line of traffic on Eastway, and pretty much ran me off the road in the process. Just to end up 100M down the road stuck at the traffic lights. It takes a special kind of stupidity to be this careless and thoughtless. If there was any justice in the world, you would have your license taken away and be allowed no possession more dangerous than a plastic spoon.

I thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment